Wedding Dress Preservation
Its important to get your dress cleaned as soon as possible after the wedding. The longer you wait after the wedding, the more likely that stains or marks on your dress will not be removable.
Stains can show up later even if your dress does not appear stained now.
See details of how we clean dresses on our Restoration Page.
The Right Storage Box
Preserving your wedding dress is all about finding the right storage type.
- Dry Cleaners Plastic Not suitable for more than 6 months
- Hanging in the Wardrobe Hanging puts strain on the dress seams
- Cardboard Storage Box Not suitable for more than 18 months
- Suitcase Not suitable for more than 18 months
- Acid & Lignan Free Wedding Storage Box Suitable for Long Term Storage
The concern with most of the items above is that contaminants from the storage type will impact your dress. As the dress is white and delicate, it is susceptible to signs of yellowing, ageing, moths etc.
For long term storage, the very best solution is a purpose made acid and lignan free wedding storage box.
Not all Wedding Dress Boxes are created equal!
The boxes we use are museum archival quality imported from the USA. The box comes with a window, white cotton gloves for handling your dress and a separate carrying box. These are the best boxes we have been able to find for keeping your dress for years to come.